Topic January Notes Info
Announcing Captains for 2023
- Parker Behling
- Ben Jackson
- Nick Lind
- Joe Obrien
Jan 30 Baseball Kick-off - 6:30pm
- Expectations for the year
- Players and Parents
- Booster Club Fee or Raffle Tickets needs to be purchased by this time
Sam still on the mend
- Long Road
- Pain is improving
- Take them a meal.com
Senior Night - May 11
- Need Junior Parents: 2-3 needed
- Sr. Pictures
- Gift Basket
- Brian Beginning renewal process
- Kelly Galovich Shadowing
- Site opens on January 9th and closes on Jan 23rd
- Access Code : AVBSB2023
Strikeout Cancer - Saturday May 06 v. Rochester Century
- Need a volunteer to coordinate and move forward - Reach out to Rob Gentz and Brian Schlichting
Spring Break- Final Payment: $1300 - February 13 Booster Club Meeting
- 2 Shirts Provided
- AV Hats ok
Need volunteers to pick-up lunches
- Kaylen or Terry Gores if you are willing to assist
- 2 volunteers so far. Need more!!
Evaluating communication method for families on the trip
- Likely will be GroupMe
- Fund Raising: Added Raffle Tickets can be sold. $20 per ticket, $15 to player trip costs
- Contact Jon Behling if you would like to purchase additional raffle tickets
- Legion Bake Sale during Lent
- Contact Rob Gentz if interested
March 14 - Spring Trip Meeting
- 7:00 - 8:00 after Booster Club meeting 6:00 - 7:00
- Players and Parents- Promoting Team Activities - still all TBD
TreasurerThe Booster Club fee for 2023 is mandatory for all players. The 2023 Booster Club Fee is $150
As in past years, the Booster Club is making available Cash Raffle tickets to help defray the costs of the $150 Booster Club Fee.
- Parents purchase - 10 tickets @ $200
- Families then can sell the 10 tickets at $20 each to recoup the $200
- Drawing at Legion - Feb 11
- Saturday 12-4: Drawing at 1:30
- Food and beverage for purchase
Tickets are available now - Contact Jon Behling- @AVHSBaseballBoosterClub - Venmo
- Dave Chamberlain volunteered to take on role from Jon
Camera- 3x MEVO Cameras ordered and ready for use. If we have a 4/5th team, we will address later.
- GamChanger will be used for all teams.
- Will need parent volunteers to run during games.
Please connect with Jeremy Jackson if you are willing to assist.
Website Update- Updates coming to make web-site mobile friendly
Matt Mick has been updating the AVHS Baseball Website. Check it out!
Field ADA Compliance No new updates
- If you are willing to take ownership of this follow-up please contact Brian Schlichting
Gravel path from batting cages to bleacher area proposed by the school district
Sunday Nights @ MASH
Starting January 8
- 7 - 8:30 - Sundays
- October SIgn-up
- NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN-UP - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kLX4mxNx5Wvn_gARcQ52ZeEJBti0QKiHSeF4CNkoHF0/edit?usp=sharing
LegionAV Legion will be sponsoring a Senior and Junior Team for 2023.
Sunday March 19 @ Cages
See attached email
Reach out to Jeremy Jackson if you have any questions.
8th Grade Participation- As in previous seasons, 8th graders will be allowed to tryout and participate in AVHS Baseball for 2023
- The Booster Club confirmed that the $150 Booster Club fee will be applicable to any 8th Graders participating
- Players planning to play in 2023 are welcome to participate in the Captains Practices
- Contact Coach Firpo with any questions.
Board PositionsBooster Club Sustainability
- Current Vice President and Vice President are parents of 2023 Seniors or will be stepping away. If you have an interest/willingness to play a larger role in the Apple Valley Baseball Booster Club, please reach out to Rob Gentz.
April - Last Booster Club meeting - Vote in new Officers for the Booster Club
Next MeetingFeb 13: 6:30March 14 -
- 6:00 - 7:00 Booster Club
- 7:00 - 8:00 Spring Break
Volunteer Link If you are willing to help with some of the volunteer activities noted above, we have created a sheet to voice your interest.
- LINK - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Me6laTMcU5H3yFzd4Sz6ZTH7NuC99aC-HhOyLS9hKrA/edit?usp=sharing